Propose a new Group or Club
We’re happy to announce our Renewal Process for 2020 is now open to renewal applications!
Lakewood Ranch Community Activities will work with IDA and Stewardship staff to get all groups that renew by October15, 2019 scheduled for their 2020 meetings in a timely manner, ideally by November 30th.
Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations
Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
1. At a minimum, 70% of club members must be Lakewood Ranch Residents. To utilize Town Hall South (8175 Lakewood Ranch Blvd) meeting space, at least 51% of your regular members must live in one of the following: Summerfield, Greenbrook, Country Club North, Country Club South, Country Club West, Riverwalk, or Edgewater.
2. The group or organization must be strictly not-for-profit. Lakewood Ranch Community Activities is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization and does not endorse candidates or political parties, or engage in direct campaigning. As a result, we are unable to promote any politically affiliated group, club, or organization’s events, candidates, or initiatives.
3. The group or organization must have a chairperson who is a Lakewood Ranch resident.
4. Membership in the group or organization must be open to all residents of Lakewood Ranch.
5. Priority for room reservations will be given to District Meetings first, then HOA meetings, followed by Community Emergency Response Training, then to Community Groups.
6. Submission does not guarantee approval, as all applications are reviewed by the LWRCA Board of Directors for approval.
Groups Under Consideration
See a group you may be interested in below? Click to send a note of your interest!
Stand Up 4 Democracy
LWR Weekend Warriors. This group would be open to anyone with children 12 or younger within LWR interested in getting together as follows:
- After work for a park play date once every week or two
- One to two times a month on the weekends (perhaps a fire station tour or breakfast)
"This Day in History"
Theater Arts Club
Baseball Discussion Group