Propose a new Group or Club
We’re happy to announce some NEW enhancements and clarifications to our Renewal Process for 2019.
Firstly, our Board of Directors and staff have worked with both the IDA and Stewardship Districts, as well as our sponsors, to help secure both additional space for groups to meet, as well as reduced the residency requirements at Town Hall!
Moving forward, we will have additional group space at the former Summerfield Building at 6310 Lakewood Ranch Blvd, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202. Some smaller groups (under 20) may be able to be booked at that location, freeing up space in the larger Salons at Lakewood Ranch Town Hall (Salons A/B/C) and the Board Room. We’ve also secured preferred pricing for our groups at the new GROVE (former Polo Grill) and reduced/waived room charges for groups that wish to meet outside of Town Hall, and/or need a larger venue (GROVE can accommodate 300+).
We are also happy to report that as long as the majority (51% or higher) of your group resides in one of the following: Summerfield, Greenbrook, Country Club North, Country Club South, Country Club West, Riverwalk, or Edgewater - you’ll be able to utilize Town Hall rooms as well as the Community Room at the former Summerfield Building.
Proposed 2019 Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organization Guidelines
Lakewood Ranch Resident Clubs and Organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
1. To utilize Town Hall Salons, at least 51% of your regular members must live in one of the following: Summerfield, Greenbrook, Country Club North, Country Club South, Country Club West, Riverwalk, or Edgewater.
2. The group or organization must be strictly not-for-profit. Lakewood Ranch Community Activities is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization and does not endorse candidates or political parties, or engage in direct campaigning. As a result, we are unable to promote any politically affiliated group, club, or organization’s events, candidates, or initiatives.
3. The group or organization must have a chairperson who is a Lakewood Ranch resident.
4. Membership in the group or organization must be open to all residents of Lakewood Ranch.
5. Priority for room reservations will be given to District Meetings first, then HOA meetings, followed by Community Emergency Response Training, then to Community Groups.
6. Submission does not guarantee approval, as all applications are reviewed by the LWRCA Board of Directors for approval.
Groups Under Consideration
See a group you may be interested in below? Click to send a note of your interest!
Stand Up 4 Democracy
LWR Weekend Warriors. This group would be open to anyone with children 12 or younger within LWR interested in getting together as follows:
- After work for a park play date once every week or two
- One to two times a month on the weekends (perhaps a fire station tour or breakfast)
"This Day in History"
Theater Arts Club
Baseball Discussion Group